UPDATE: you can find the links to the recordings of all the Rebel Jam talks here:
It’s easy to be an innovator and entrepreneur in start-up. Not so inside large organizations — companies, government agencies, healthcare systems. The competencies and mindset you need to create change and succeed are different for rebels inside the organization.
The good news is that in today’s hyper-connected world we have the possibility to join forces – across distances and time zones – and create a critical mass of change agents capable of accelerating innovation & transformation globally
That’s why we’re holding a free, online 24-hour Rebel Jam with fascinating speakers, inspiring entertainment and provocative discussions every hour, with hosts from Europe, North America and Asia. Our aim: empower the rebel to be able to create positive change, understanding the considerable risks and challenges that will arise.
On May 30-31, 2013, Rebels at Work and Corporate Rebels United will hold a 24 hour on-line Rebel Jam via WebEx. All you’ll need is to be able to connect to the Internet and clear your calendar.
You can tune in any time – or all 24 hours if you’re one of the crazy ones – to learn from Rebels about:
- What has helped them to be successful?
- Setbacks and obstacles they’ve experienced and how they’ve navigated through them.
- Habits that help them stay creative, positive and respected.
There will be time after each speaker for questions and conversations to encourage as much learning and camaraderie as possible in an online way. We’ll also be inviting performers and artists to share and perform their work with us to fill our rebel spirits, and just have some fun.
The conference kicks off on May 30 at noon in Europe; 6 a.m. North America East Coast; 3 a.m. North America Pacific, and 8 p.m. Sydney.
Here is the attendee information for the Webcast:
Event password: rebeljam
You can register via the Rebel Jam Eventbrite site here: http://rebeljam.eventbrite.com/
The online rebel jam is a joint effort of Rebels at Work, and Corporate Rebels United and being sponsored by Cisco IBSG who is contributing both speakers and the WebEx collaboration and communication platform that enables this global virtual event
The latest program overview is available in the following Google Doc:
Some cities are setting up local events to follow and participate in the WebEx Rebel Jam.
- Rebel Anouk from http://www.weareoutofoffice.com has made her multifunctional workspace “Epicerie” available. Here is the address of the Epicerie: 92, Avenue de la Floride, 1180 Brussels.
- All are welcome on the Thursday 30th of May from 12:00-22:00, we’ll have drinks and pizza.
- If you plan to come to the Brussels venue, send a mail to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
– Other cities to be announced
You can tweet about and during the event with Twitter hashtag #rebeljam
For more about corporate rebels, check out some of these posts, research reports, and videos:
- Rebels at Work: Motivated to Make a Difference (research report)
- 20 Ways to Be a More Effective Rebel, Maverick, Change Agent (ebook)
- Making a Difference Inside the Belly of the Beast (video)
- Obsession and Controversy: One is a Rebels’ Friend, the Other an Enemy (post)
- Corporate Rebels United: The Start of a Corporate Spring ? (post)
- The End of Leadership (post)
- Leading from the Edge (post)
- Corporate Rebels at TEDxChange (video)